Join our team at Lionsbot India Private Limited as a Sr. Mechanical Engineer and unleash your creativity and expertise in driving innovation. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in initiating new product concepts and identifying market opportunities, contributing to the development of next-generation technology solutions. From concept generation to New Product Development delivery, you will be responsible for producing mechanical designs across various device types and technologies. Collaboration with suppliers will be key to developing innovative, robust, and scalable technology platforms.
To ensure the quality and performance of designs, you will utilize both hand calculations and computer simulations, complemented by lab-based testing, characterization, and validation. By analysing test results and effectively communicating them to technical and non-technical stakeholders, you will contribute to the continuous improvement of our engineering practices at Lionsbot India Private Limited. This role offers an exciting opportunity to challenge the status quo, push boundaries, and shape the future of robotics hardware design.
- Develop and implement effective solutions to complex and most challenging engineering features and components of a fully autonomous cleaning robot.
- Lead and manage a team of design engineers in the development of robotic hardware products, ensuring adherence to project timelines and quality standards.
- Take ownership of the end-to-end design process, from concept generation to prototyping, testing, and final product release.
- Rapid prototyping of design ideas using fabrication methods such as 3D printing, laser cutting, sheet metal to test and validate multiple concepts
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including mechanical, electrical, and software engineers, to ensure seamless integration of hardware components.
- Conduct thorough research and analysis to identify design requirements and specifications, considering factors such as functionality, manufacturability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Utilize CAD software and other design tools to create detailed 3D models and engineering drawings, ensuring the accuracy and feasibility of designs.
- Supervise the creation of technical documentation to efficiently transition the product into production
- Create and maintain accurate engineering documentation, including drawings, schematics, and bills of materials (BOMs).
- Perform risk assessments and implement appropriate mitigation strategies to address potential design challenges and ensure product safety and reliability.
- Collaborate with suppliers and manufacturers to source components, evaluate production feasibility, and ensure compliance with design specifications.
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends and advancements in robotics hardware, incorporating innovative solutions and technologies into product designs.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the production team during manufacturing, troubleshooting any design-related issues, and ensuring successful product assembly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Automotive, or equivalent.
- Proficient in using Solidworks, Onshape or equivalent CAD tools
- Familiar with project management tools such as Slack, Jira, Trello and Confluence
- Minimum 5 years of experience in mechanical/system engineering in robotics, automotive industry or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a design engineer and have worked on 3-5 product cycles (idea to production)
- Have experience leading a team of mechanical engineers and interns
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize, make decisions, and execute tasks in a constantly changing environment.
- Possess strong coordination, organization, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Capable of meeting deadlines and maintaining high-quality standards.
- Results-driven, metrics-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to work under pressure and time constraints.
Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal